Has anyone else seen this? The govt is researching new ways to use abandoned mines.
New Use for Coal Ash
Has anyone else seen this? The govt is researching new ways to use abandoned mines.
New Use for Coal Ash
I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.
Sounds good.. time to put those things to use!
I was up around some old, abandonded mines last weekend throwing rocks and stuff in them to see what would happen, hehe.
Definitely nice to hear they're going to actually start using them for something. Those abandoned mines like.. give me the creeps.
Officially retired
not only are they creepy, they're dangerous. Its kind of like leaving a huge empty space in your garage and stacking stuff all around it and not utlizing that space. I mean why not?
I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.
Yeah, the one that I was at last weekend was still open (many openings, that is) and you could hear it creeking and cracking like every few seconds. Not to mention, a bunch of rocks would come rolling off of the mountainside like every few minutes.
Definitely creepy stuff.. ain't no way I'd go inside one of those things!
Officially retired
theyre safe as long as you go deep inside them and take a baseball bat and take a swing at the walls every couple minutes...it gives it stability
try it out and tell me how it goes
"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity."
-Martin Luther King Jr.
I wasn't actually inside the mines, I just stood outside the opening and threw rocks in there to see how far back it went. It was pitch black after a few feet, so I was curious as to whether it had caved in farther back or if it was still completely open. Could you imagine taking like a hardhat with a light back in there and exploring it? That'd be some wicked stuff! [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Officially retired
Here is a great use for old strip mines! http://nationalzoo.si.edu/Publicatio...2003/3/Elk.cfm [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Bookmarks